1. Can I see a physical therapist without a prescription?
YES! Since July 2007, you are now able to see a physical therapist without a physician’s referral. This is great news for you! This means Direct Access for you to come see us, without waiting for your doctors’ prescription. Call today to schedule your next appointment!
2. If I am already seeing a physician, can I request to see a physical therapist?
Absolutely! Many times physicians may forget physical therapy and asking reminds them that we are a viable treatment option. If you are seeing a physician, request a Physical Therapy consultation as a part of your recovery. You have the right to choose where you want to be treated! Healthcare practitioners cannot tell you where you HAVE to go. It is YOUR choice on where to go!
3. Top questions to consider when choosing a PT!
1. How long has the clinic been in business?
2. Are the therapists specialized in treating my condition?
3. Do they take my insurance? Do they have affordable payment options?
4. Do they have convenient locations?
4. Does Physical Therapy hurt?
In almost all cases NO! You should leave therapy feeling better than when you came in. Even if you are suffering from acute pain, we can still help alleviate the pain.
5. How do I arrange my appointment?
Call one of our convenient locations and our friendly staff will schedule an appointment time that works for you. We even offer early and late hours for your convenience.
6. What should I expect from Physical Therapy?
Rehab etc. utilizes revolutionary treatments geared to maximize your relief and minimize your pain! You will be educated and treated for your specific diagnosis so you can start living pain free!
7. What should I bring with me to therapy?
1. Wear comfortable clothes. Bring an extra T-shirt and shorts as you may need to change into them.
2. Please bring the proper paperwork. All of our information sheets are online and accessible for easy printing. You may fill these out an bring them in prior to your first appointment. Please click here to view and print the forms.
3. Please bring your method of payment. We take cash, local checks, and all major credit cards.
4. Please do not be late. If you know you will be late please let us know. If no notice was given you may be subject to a cancellation fee.
5. Please arrive 30 minutes early to get ready for your first visit. You may have to change and fill out paperwork.
8. Will my insurance cover Physical Therapy?
Yes, in most cases.
If you do not have insurance or you have a high deductible, Rehab etc. offers many payment options to suit your needs. We make therapy affordable regardless of your insurance situation!
9. How long is a typical treatment session?
Treatment will vary based upon the condition. Typically it will last around 30 minutes to an hour and a half. We know your time is valuable and we will strive to get you in and out as quickly as possible.
10. How long is the course of therapy?
It varies based on your condition. If you have had the condition for several months or years, typically the treatment is a longer duration. Acute problems can be resolved more quickly.
11. How is my progress measured?
Your progress will be measured through functional outcomes. We will first assess your condition, set up a treatment plan, then compare the before and after. We will take measurements of your initial assessment, then take periodic measurements throughout your treatments to show your progress. The most important aspect of the measurements is function. We will look at improvements and function throughout the course of your treatment. As function restores, your pain should also decrease.